My list of 2014 resolutions seems sort-of endless. Nonetheless, I’m committed to, at the very least, trying to accomplish them! I have a few non-fashion goals, but here are my fashion goals (more interesting than ‘keeping the house clean’) (though, seriously, that is a BIG goal for 2014).
1) Finally clean out my closet (fine. sigh. closets, plural)
2) Donate clothes (versus leaving them in a box in my closet)
3) Try out Thred-UP (thredUP.com) to online consign clothes (seems fancy, I like the concept)
4) Organize all accessories and shoes (GAH! …I don’t even know where to start. Container Store??)
5) Blog at least 3-4 times per week! (minus Christmas week. doesn’t seem like that will ever happen!)
Thrilling, right!? I know. I actually started to sweat while typing that list because it seems daunting, but I’m really going to give it my Fashion Huntress all!
2014 here we come!
Dress: Limited ($10 marked down from $110)
Long sleeve tee: H&M ($10 marked down from approx $20)
Belt: Urban Outfitters ($5 marked down from approx $25)
Leggings: Limited (approx $10 many years ago!)
Scarf: Limited ($7 marked down from approx $35)
Necklace: Limited ($5 marked down from $33)
Boots: DSW ($15 marked down from $50)
Fashion Huntress tips:
1) I love the cutout shoulder detail on this dress. The cutouts seemed both a little breezy and ‘exposed’ for work, so I added a long sleeve tee shirt under my dress. This is easily my favorite way to ‘winterize’ my dresses. I grab long sleeve tees at H&M or at the J Crew outlet (J Crew Factory, also online). You really don’t need ‘fancy’ tops for under dresses because they 1) get washed all the time 2) aren’t really seen under the dress anyway. I just go for ‘durable’ in long sleeve tees. You can generally find them for $5-$10 at J Crew Factory, H&M, or Old Navy.
2) I hadn’t been in the Limited in a long time, but my girlfriend goes there all the time and finds the best pieces, so I decided to check it out. I ventured in and was totally impressed by their sales. I mean, this dress was $10, readers. …$100 off? Sold. It’s basically unwrinkle-able (probably not a word) and has great details. Sometimes I have to remind myself to venture into stores I haven’t been into in a while instead of solely sticking with my ‘old faithfuls.’
Anyone have stores that they recently checked-out again and enjoyed? Have fashion New Year resolutions?
Thanks for stopping by, readers! I hope you’re enjoying the first week of 2014!