What a surprise and honor that I was nominated for two blogging awards this week!
I want to thank Meesha from the Little Bit of Me Blog for the Versatile Blogger nomination and Tulles and Tiaras for the Liebster Award nomination! It means so much that you both thought of my blog when picking your nominees!
It was not easy to me to pick my nominees; I wish I could pick everyone, but here goes…
For the Versatile Blogger the rules are as follows:
1. Display the Award Certificate on your blog (done!)
2. Link back to the person who nominated you (done!)
3. Present 15 awards to 15 deserving bloggers (okay, here we go!)
1. Tulles and Tiaras http://tulleandtiaras.wordpress.com
2. For Laquer of a Better Name: http://forlacquerofabettername.wordpress.com/
3. Veloria in Velvet: http://veloriainvelvet.wordpress.com/
4. Essentjewels: http://blog.essentjewels.com/
5. Style Salvation: http://stylesalvation.wordpress.com/
6. Vogue and Heels: http://vogueandheels.com/
7. Classy Chic & Chardonnay: http://ceislin.com/
8. Dresses for Julie: http://dressesforjulie.wordpress.com/
9. Chloe’s Cravings: http://chloescravings.wordpress.com/
10. Fashion Mayann: http://fashionmayann.wordpress.com/
11. Liberty on Less: http://libertyonless.wordpress.com/
12. Mason Bentley Style: http://masonbentleystyle.com/
13. Xpressions by Sarah: http://xpressionsbysarah.com/
14. Miss Uschi: http://missuschi.wordpress.com/
15. Nail Luxxe: http://thenailluxxe.wordpress.com/
For the Liebster Award, the rules are as follows:
The Rules :
1. You must link back the person who nominated you. (done!)
2. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you. (below)
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers (I have no idea how many followers people have, so I just picked blogs I liked, including blogs that are newer to the blogging world!)
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer. (below)
5. You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees. (in process!)
The questions I was asked to answer:
1. What is your favorite social networking site for the promotion of your blog ? Facebook! But I’m new to the Facebook blogging promotion world, so I’m still trying to figure it all out!
2. What is the number one item on your bucket list ? (example: camp under in stars in Machu Pichu) Hmm, that is tricky. I’d love to visit Germany during Christimastime, if I ever get the chance.
3. What is your favorite pick-me-up combination ? (example: sweater and coco) Okay, I can admit that when I’m needing a pick-me-up I can be found watching old episodes of Felicity, while wearing my pajamas and drinking tea…and paging through Vogue.
4. If you could go ANYWHERE in the world, where would it be? I’ve been so fortunate to have traveled to various places, many of which I would love to visit again: Istanbul, Bruges, Lucerne, Seville, or Madrid. And, of course, Disney World! Minus Disney World during summer…it’s just insane heat and lines.
5. You are going on a long trip, what is the one beauty product you will bring and why? Moisturizer! I can go without make-up when travelling, if need be, but my skin does not do well without some form of moisturizer! I’m going to include chapstick in the moisturizer category, because it’s moisturizer for your lips…and anyone who knows me knows that I’m a chapstick addict (i.e. upwards of five in my purse right now).
6. What is your most unique and/or treasured piece of jewelry ? (This can be vintage, an heirloom, a gift, or something you just love! ) This is really hard to say…I don’t think I can pick just one, but I love the Hermes cuff I got from my family when I graduated from graduate school, my great grandmother’s class ring from 1925, and the old wax press necklace that my boyfriend got me for our first Christmas together.
7. What is your favorite trend from fall 2013? Patterns and bold colors, because I cannot get enough of either!
8. What is your favorite era in fashion and beauty? 1950s and 60s; I love that the 50s and 60s style has become popular again. Between printed pants, belted mumus, and fitted dresses, I can always find a piece from those eras that I love.
9. You have to buy a gown and an unlimited budget, which designer will to ask to create it ? (example : Valentino) Marchesa. I love their romantic, layered, yet still edgy dresses.
10. What is your all time favorite color for beauty, clothes, and, shoes? I can generally be found wearing turquoise at least once a week. I just love it!
1. A Little Bit of Me: http://alittlebitofmeblog.wordpress.com/
2. Ruby Slipper Diaries: http://www.rubyslipperdiaries.com/
3. Spoonful of Sugar: http://aspoonfulofsugarbaking.com/
4. Acorn Bends: http://acornbends.wordpress.com/
5. Zegna Jewelry: http://zegnajewelry.wordpress.com/
6. Girl on the Go: http://girlonthegoblog.wordpress.com/
7. Fashionist in Suburbia: http://fashionistainsuburbia.wordpress.com/
8. Long and Luxe: http://longandluxe.com/
9. Training Camp Rookie: http://trainingcamprookie.wordpress.com/
10. Willfully Elegant: http://willfullyelegant.wordpress.com/
Questions for my nominees:
1. What is your favorite time of day and day of the week?
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. What’s your favorite article of clothing that you own?
4. If you were given a free shopping spree at any store of your choice, where would you pick?
5.Who is your favorite designer?
6. What is your favorite quote to live by?
7. What is your shameless guilty pleasure?
8. Whose style do you most admire throughout history?
9. What is one item on your current wishlist?
10. What is your favorite holiday?
Thank you again for the lovely nominations! And thank you, readers, for all of your support!